Careers at Texas Success Academy
Click the links below to learn more about our openings.
Welcome to loving online teaching!
Texas Success Academy is a private online school seeking professionals who are upbeat and talented to join our team. We are specifically looking for people who are driven, self-motivated, and enjoy interacting with new people daily.
We are seeking a passionate and creative Online Teacher to provide instructional support, to include communication to student academic inquiries via e-mail, phone, chat, appointment
scheduler, text, live and recorded webinars to join our awesome team. Our teachers shape the bright futures of all TSA students.
The ideal candidate will be highly skilled, experienced, have dependable work history, possess emotional intelligence, critical thinking skills, organizational and technical skills. TSAs teacher are
responsible for fostering a positive learning environment for students, support student learning and improve overall learning outcomes. All Teachers are expected to aid as needed during their office hours and assist students achieve their educational goals, to include working with the staff as needed.
· Independent Contractor (Part-Time)
· Remote position
· Pay: $35.00 per hour
· Work Hours: 15 hours min / 35 max per month
Our teachers are paid according to the number of students assisted, group and/or one to one lessons completed.
This opportunity is ideal for independent contractor teachers looking to supplement their income while helping students achieve their goals.
· Bachelor’s Degree in field (Master’s degree a plus)
· Valid teaching certification
· Minimum 1 year of experience teaching and/or tutoring
· Teachers must reside and have the right to work in the United States
· Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check, at no cost to you
K - 12
Attach the following documents for review:
· Valid teaching certification and/or any applicable licenses and certifications
· Unofficial/Official transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees
Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required documents have been submitted for review.
· This is an independent contractor position. It is a part-time, home-based opportunity. You will be teaching in an online environment utilizing prepared lesson materials via TSAs learning management
· Online teachers come from a variety of backgrounds; stay at home parents, current or former teachers, retirees and people looking for a lifestyle change.
· Experience with online learning and instructional design as an online instructor/teacher.
· Previous experience in a fast-paced work environment is a plus.
· Private school and/or postsecondary education experience is a plus.
· Excellent cultural awareness.
· Review, evaluate, and propose program curricula changes and practices to guarantee agreement with professional standards, state-mandated procedures, and requirements of higher education.
· Provide academic support to students via e-mail, phone, chat, appointment scheduler, text, live and recorded webinars, and exams via TSA communication systems.
· Hold a minimum of 2 group lessons per grade monthly where students come together and meet one another, and you explain lessons or create fun activities for students.
· Must meet with students one-on-one as requested (phone, video, etc.), meeting should be no more than 30 mins per student.
· Must keep accountability of all students and track meetings/grades that can easily convert to a monthly report for record keeping.
· Must inform the students Advisor if assistance is needed to ensure the student successfully completes their class.
· Must be able to perform duties independently and communicate the need for assistance immediately.
· Perform other duties appropriate with the roles and level of the position as needed.
· Must have a desktop/laptop with high-speed internet connection, and audio/video capability.
· Must have high speed internet and the ability to work remotely.
· Set your schedule and maintain a flexible schedule via office hours (posted on school calendar) during TSAs core hours, Monday thru Friday, 9 am to 5: 30 pm CST.
· Must submit a communications log (will be provided) monthly.
· Must possess excellent communication skills, time management skills and the ability to work with a team of teachers.
· Excellent understanding of how technology can be applied to new approaches of instruction.
· Must have empathy for students learning at a distance who have many challenging priorities.
· Ability to think quickly, communicate effectively and efficiently, and enjoy being part of a team.
· Desire to encourage students and coworkers to promote academic success.
· Experience working with at-risk students.
If you want to have fun with your students and focus on building self-esteem and helping students connect with their classmates, then this is the position for you.
This is how the selection process will go:
2. Meet Requirements
3. Phone Interview (if applicable)
4. Video Conferencing Interview
5. Pass a background check (Not credit based only a criminal background check)